Grapes are one of the healthiest fruits that are available year round.
Grapes are high in several important nutrients especially Vitamins C & K.
Antioxidants in grapes, such a resveratrol, reduce inflammation and may help protect against cancer, heart disease and diabetes.
The color differences mean something! Always choose fresh, red grapes over white because the reds contain higher numbers of antioxidants due to the anthocyanins that give them their color.
No matter the color you choose, grapes are simply delicious! They are a great addition to your breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a convenient snack. We came across this blog from California Grown that highlights 12 great recipes using grapes!
A few ways to enjoy:
- Plain, pop them as a snack
- Freeze them for a cool treat or as the "ice" in your wine from Howie's Cellar
- Add them to your favorite salad. We put them in our homemade Curry Chicken Salad!
- Create a refreshing fruit salad
- Toss the grapes into your smoothie
- Finish off your cheese board for that small gathering or gift of charcuterie